The City of West Palm Beach has installed convenient bike parking – racks and lockers – throughout downtown and Northwood Village. The city has installed hundreds of bike racks throughout Downtown West Palm Beach and other sections of the city.
Pedal to downtown West Palm Beach and get guaranteed, inside bicycle parking.
Bicycle lockers offer inside, secure, covered parking with room to store one bicycle and some bicycle equipment in the City’s Banyan parking garage. Bicycle locker rentals are available for a one time non-refundable deposit of only $20.
Businesses, office buildings and residential buildings without adequate bicycle parking may request a bike rack and installation.
- Racks are hitch style accommodating two bicycles per rack.
- Racks are installed in public space within the City of West Palm Beach limits in the downtown and Northwood Village areas usually on a sidewalk with 6 or more feet of clear sidewalk space remaining.
- Racks are placed at convenient, usable locations near building entrances without impeding pedestrians.
- Racks are placed with adequate clearance from curb ramps and crosswalks, street furniture, driveways, and parked cars.
- City owned property. (Bicycle racks installed on private property are usually paid for by the property owner.)
- Concrete sidewalk width wide enough not to impede pedestrian traffic.
- Racks cannot be installed on pavers, cobblestone or metal grating.
After reviewing the bicycle rack location criteria to determine if the rack location may qualify for the program, businesses, properties and organizations may request a free bicycle rack by completing the on-line request form. After a request is received and evaluated, those sites deemed suitable for inspection will be given an on-site evaluation. If the location is approved, it will be added to the city’s next order for installation.
For more information about the City of West Palm Beach Bike Rack Initiative program, contact Angelic Mercer at 954-884-5310 or Amercer@ctseinc.com.
The BrightBike program is operated by Micromobility Management LLC and is the official bike sharing and rental system for the City of West Palm Beach. The program is made possible by the generous support of Brightline, the Related Companies, and the West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority.
BrightBike is intended to provide locals and visitors with an additional transportation option for getting around the city. Bike sharing is fun, efficient and convenient.
The solar-powered bike sharing system consists of a fleet of specially designed, sturdy, very durable bikes that are locked into a network of docking stations sited at regular intervals around the city.
With 17 station locations and more on the way, bikes are available to use 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Here’s how it works.
BrightBikes are not allowed to be ridden on sidewalks but can be ridden in the streets (cyclists are allowed to occupy a full lane of traffic). BrightBikes are also allowed on the mixed-use path that runs along the Flagler Waterfront area—which is a beautiful and scenic bike ride!
Please note that BrightBikes are NOT permitted on City or County buses and trolleys. Local police and Downtown Development Authority Security team members are authorized to stop anyone who fails to comply and may retain the bike.’
If you ride your bicycle to work at least three days per week, you may be eligible to enroll in the free GUARANTEED Ride Home (GRH) program. Find out more or register for the GRH program.